Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

No Spend Week

Well here we are at the start of a No Spend Week, my purse, containing this weeks £70 will stay deep in my bag, available only for dire emergencies.
Spotty Jug is on standby to recieve the full £70 at the end of the week, he's looking very pleased with himself at the moment is Spotty Jug, his little belly is bulging with £354.50 of my saved money.
That means since the Challenge began I have managed to save an average of £29.50 a week, so that means I have been spending £40.50 on our every need.
Oh, I'm sure I can get that even lower once the growing season is underway and with some forward thinking and clever planning I can extend the season by doing more successional planting and growing more stuff that we can bottle and freeze to keep the spend down even over the leaner Winter months for as long as possible. I have one more cupboard to sort through today and then the freezers to sort out so I can see exactly what is available for chomping our way through this week.
The shops will miss me this week, well maybe not, I've not exactly been a very good retail consumer up to now this year, spending pennies instead of pounds and turning down all offers of store cards. Browsing rails saying 'that's nice' and 'isn't that pretty' but when offered the chance to buy my only retort has been 'I don't need it, I've got all I need'. It's refreshing and clears the mind, and the best bit about a day's shopping is the getting home and taking from your bag only the things that you did NEED and putting the few items away into the spaces that await them, not fighting to get just a little bit more into already over crowded cupboards.
I begininning to feel liberated, I like this Year of Living Simply.
Sue xx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar