Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Are You In Control Of Your Life?


I have mentioned before that I struggle with this as there are circumstances in my life that I feel were not of my choosing and I often feel 'out of control' and like there is no point to life.

A lovely lady visits me on a regular basis. She is a Jehovah's Witness and although I am not and she is aware of this, she still comes to have a chat and bring me their latest literature. An article caught my eye this month, titled 'Are You In Control Of Your Life?' as it discusses what happens when life doesn't turn out the way you planned.

From the article:

'No one has been dealt a perfect set of circumstances. Often the secret to gaining control is learning both to accept those circumstances and to work within the limitations that they impose.'

This is constantly in my prayers as I struggle to accept the way my life has changed.



It discusses what you can do in the face of unchangeable circumstances.

'If unchangeable circumstances seem to be controlling your life, try the following:

  • Focus on what you can control.
  • Clarify what you would like to accomplish in life. Break it down into small steps. Try to spend at least a little time each day working towards your goals.
  • Do tasks, even small ones, that give you a sense of control. Clean the kitchen table, wash the dishes, dress neatly. Do the most important tasks first thing in the morning.
  • Look at the possible benefits of your circumstances.
These are all things that I have been trying to do, but it was helpful to read them in print. Sometimes you just need that extra nudge.



My visitor is such a blessing to me and I appreciate her visits and the talks we have. As I am unable to attend church (another of those circumstances I find myself in), it is wonderful that God has sent His word to me in a different way. 
I am going to work even harder and pray without ceasing that I can follow these steps and find some inner peace in my circumstances. Although things in my life are not as I would have chosen, I am still so grateful to God for what I do have. I just have to keep that foremost in my mind or I run the risk of missing the good stuff while I worry and fret over the unchangeable stuff.


So I will praise God in the hallway and place my trust in Him, that he has a truly amazing plan for my and my childrens' lives. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar