Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Love You From The Bottom Of My Pencil Case...

We got up this morning and went to Bantry to vote in the Irish General Election.  I voted number 1 for Holly Cairns the Social Democrat candidate, number 2 for Michael Collins an independent candidate who is very popular down here and Karen Coakley Fine Gael was my number 3 choice.  Be interesting to see who is in government  next week.

Then we  drove along the tunnel road to Killarney and got two silver Celtic  jewellery rings for our 25th wedding anniversary next week and I bought a fur lined parka type coat for ten Euros in Penneys, treated the wife to a slap up Big Mac meal in McDonald's and went to the Inec ticket office and bought two tickets to see Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott in April.


We last saw them in 1994 in Oldham when they were in the band The Beautiful  South.  The Queen Elizabeth  Hall was a brilliant venue with no seats and two bars.  The band were great too.  I think it was Jaqui's very first gig?

We managed to get two tickets downstairs near the main stage.  So I can do my dad dance and generally look rather silly, just for a change.


Here  they are singing the title of my blog post:










Have you got any tickets for any gigs coming up?  I have not seen a live band since 2019.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar