Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How to Build a DIY Electric Fireplace Wall {A Reveal!}

How to build a modern DIY fireplace where there was none.

A step by step tutorial on how to build a shiplap electric fireplace on a blank and boring wall!

This is the second time we've created a custom focal point in a space by adding an electric fireplace insert.

Both times have been in our basement(s) and now I want to keep adding more of these modern fireplaces around the house! 😂

The first time we did this makeover was in our last basement living room -- there was an alcove from our bay window upstairs that was the perfect spot: 
stacked stone electric fireplace


We loved it so much, especially in the basement that wasn't quite as warm as the rest of the house. 

We planned to do something similar in this house -- we were bummed when the insert we had in mind didn't fit between the bench and the TV on the entertainment wall I built
large wall built in TV unit

I've been talking with the Touchstone electric fireplace insert company since that DIY project. 

When that spot didn't work out I told them I was going to figure out a new place for the fireplace somewhere down there. 

Touchstone offers both built in and wall mounted fireplaces in various sizes, so we had quite a few options!

We played around with a few locations over the past year and finally decided on this game storage wall:
Read the full post

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar