As the fall frenzy of cleaning and sorting continues around here, I decided it was time to go through the books and see which ones we no longer need.
I have to admit that I don't always buy books because I intend to read them. Sometimes I buy them for use in decorating and sometimes I buy them because of the cute pictures on the covers.
For instance, when I saw this book at the thrift shop one day I didn't think it looked like one I would enjoy reading. However, I did think that this little doggy reminded me of ...
this little doggy and that seemed a good enough reason to bring it home.
Because there are way too many an awful lot of books around here I was being fairly ruthless in what I was getting rid of. I was thinking that maybe I really didn't need to house a book just because it had a picture resembling Peanut on the front cover.
Often when I am debating which book to read next I read the first page and if it appeals to me that is what I read.
So, before tossing this one in the donate pile I decided to read the first page.
Hmmm .... jack-o'-lanterns, chrysanthemums, colorful gourds.
Maybe this would be a good book to read since it will soon be Halloween. Kinda has that Fall feel to it.
I think a good Fall read deserves a pretty Fall themed bookmark and luckily, I now have one thanks to Sherri at Sherri' Jubilee. Sherri recently held a giveaway for one of her handmade bookmarks and I was so happy to be chosen as the winner.
I think this beaded acorn is adorable.
Thank you, Sherri. My fall reading has just gotten prettier :).
Just a little note: I've been having trouble leaving comments for some of you. After typing the comment and clicking Publish Comment, the comment disappears. It is only happening on a few blogs so I'm not sure what the problem is. Anyhow, if you've recently left me a comment and I haven't been back to visit you this is probably why. I'll keep trying.
Happy Monday!
I'm off to plant pansies before the rain begins.
What are you up to?
0 Yorumlar