This is another Save or Splurge that I have, and it always makes me so excited to do these posts because this means I have found a close enough replacement for some much coveted high-end product.
For today's post, it is going to be about kabuki brushes! Yay! Who doesn't love kabuki brushes?
I will be mainly be reviewing the Coastal Scents Kabuki Brush, but include brief comparisons of it with the Make Up For Ever one that I have reviewed before, and finally, making a choice between them.
Review & Comparison: Coastal Scents Kabuki Brush
Available: Smoochiez stall that appears frequently at Watsons Atrium Sale all over the island, $19.90.
Volume: 1 brush.
Star Properties: Soft.
Packaging
This came in a clear sealed plastic bag that I threw away upon opening. I don't mind because I do not keep my brushes in their original plastic cases or box.
And I LOVE the hot pink! I would never have picked this up if it weren't pink.
Bristles
Very soft. This is the second reason I took the plunge. I was prepared to get a piece of junk with $20.
Handle
The Coastal Scents handle is slightly shorter than the Make Up For Ever one, but that does not affect the ease at which I hold the brush at all.
Size
The top surface area of this brush is huge. Quite a bit larger than Make Up For Ever. I like it because this means I cover more area of my face and makeup becomes faster.
It also does well as a body powder brush, nice when you want to swoosh bronzer or glitter over your chest area.
Effectiveness
Very good! It works as well has my MUFE one! Too amazing. Powder gets on my face the same way. The finish of the powder on my face is the same.
SAVE or SPLURGE?
I'd say SAVE!!!
It's exactly the same for me. I am happy using just Coastal Scents to apply my loose powder every morning.
Let's not forget that the MUFE brush cost me a whopping $80, four times more than the Coastal Scents one. Definitely save with Coastal Scents Kabuki Brush!
Rating for Coastal Scents: 5/5.
Does its job perfectly. Great replacement for MUFE.
0 Yorumlar