























Despite being together for over twelve years Rob and I have never had a formal photo shoot done together. Forced awkward stances in front of a white screen has never taken my fancy and I honestly didn't even think the idea of doing an engagement shoot would ever appeal to me. That was until I was introduced to Katherine Ashdown, wedding photographer and all round lovely lady, through my bride-to-be blogging pal Jen. As part of Katherine's wedding package she offers couples a chance to have an engagement shoot with her a few months prior to their special day to help you feel at ease in front of the camera, practice those important angles and most importantly have fun and take away some images to cherish forever.
Booking our wedding photographer was my number one priority after Rob and I got engaged last March. Due to my love and passion for blogging and enjoyment of sharing images on many of my social media channels, I knew how important it was to us to have the most beautiful of imagery to capture our wedding day and once I had seen but a few of Katherine's recent shoots I knew she was the perfect match. Katherine's style compliments our personal style down to a tee. Her work is natural, whimsical, light and fun. She effortlessly seems to capture that endearing moment between a bride and her father at the first moment he sees his daughter in her wedding dress, the apprehensive glances from the groom peering up the aisle waiting for his bride's arrival and those jubilant giggles over a glass of champagne as the bridesmaids excitedly get ready. We headed to the North Norfolk coast and for over two hours completely lost ourselves in the magic of the shoot. Any initial fears and worries were quickly dispelled once we had pumped the balloons up and chosen our favourite pastel beach hut to sip our drinks on. I think it is so crucial to completely gel with your wedding photographer and I can honestly say that Katherine is a dream to work with (plus she loves cats and all things florals!). I think she could make anyone and any location look utterly beautiful - it's just astonishing. I am so excited to have Katherine with us on our wedding day in just five weeks time and know that she will capture all those little details from the day that we have lovingly crafted and created over the past year and have become so special to us and no doubt I will be back soon sharing some more snaps from our special day!
If you are saying your "I dos" soon or simply want to capture some happy moments with you and your family then I cannot recommend Katherine Ashdown enough and plenty more photographs of sweet, loved up couples and some dreamy wedding dresses can be found on her website and Facebook page if you fancy swooning some more.

0 Yorumlar