Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nars Eye Paints: reflecting + painting

It's a shame

Nars eye paints. I remember why I bought these. I was feeling low and down and there so happened to be a deal on feelunique. I  hesitated for a good while so much that when it came to the checkout the offer had finished ... but that didn't stop me. I decided to indulge in three full priced Nars eye paints from Nars UK's website. Overall, I'm glad I bought them although they do come with a tinge of remembrance about feeling not so great. Otherwise they're pretty great products, super pigmented, smooth, long lasting and great to incorporate into various looks. 

However, I'm not sure they live up to Nars 18hr claim because I try my best to take my makeup off in the evening but if it makes you feel better - when I have worn them for a =(10/11hr) day they've lasted throughout.


Nars Eye Paint: 8144 Solomon Island, Mozambique and 8146 Snake Eyes.
Nars eye paints come in tiny weighty glass jars with a sturdy cap and a good amount of product. The eye paints are very pigmented and easy to apply with fingers or brushes. My best tip for keeping these eye paints (any cream eyeliner) fresh and not dried out is to replace the lid every time you use the product - even if you're still using/doing your eye makeup. 


Hand swatches for Nars Eye Paint.
Excuse the messy fingers: Eye swatches for Solomon Island, Mozambique and Snake Eyes. 
Solomon Islands: A vibrant turquoise cool blue. I love this shade so much. It shows up true to colour on my skin and I think it looks great against dark skin and brown eyes (supposed to make them brighter). Out of the three eye paints, this is my most used eye paint for lining my eyes or providing a pop a colour. 

Mozambique: A mossy olive khaki green. Green is one of my favourite colours. I think its a grounding, comforting shade that looks nice on most skin tones (earthy). 

Snake Eyes: A smoky black with green shimmer. My least used because I don't really wear smoky eyes and I'm generally not an avid eye makeup wearer so that's the only reason I have not used this more. So don't get it twisted this is a great shade, for a swipe n go evening look, lining eyes or using with other shadows in the outer crease. So, I'll definitely try to use it more often now. 

Painted with fingers and possibly a sponge - not quite sure now. This is a painting I did when I was feeling rather low but wanted to express myself through some creativity - it doesn't have a name but I do see the red areas like the sea - so - The Red Sea - maybe? . I'm not really a modern art person but for some reason this picture makes me feel peaceful and at ease. Like I said before I want to post more about other things than makeup, my other journeys so ... yeah expect more to come.
Solomon Island - Ingredients: Isododecane, Polyethylene, Diisostearyl Malate, Polybutene, Hyrogenated Styrene/Methy Styrene/Indine Copolymer, Dicalcium Phosphate, Disteardimonium Hectorie, Talc, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, Trihydroxystearin, Pentaerythrityl, Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate [+/- (May Contain): Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 (Iron Oxides) CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

Snake Eyes - Ingredients: Isododecane, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Polyethylene, Diisostearyl Malate, Polybutene, Hyrogenated Styrene/Methy Styrene/Indine Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorie, Dicalcium Phosphate, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Trihydroxystearin,Tin Oxide, Pentaerythrityltetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhyrdrocinnamate, [+/-(May Contain): Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 (Iron Oxides) CI 77492, (Iron Oxides) CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Mozambique - Ingredients: I can't find the packaging (sorry) but I'd assume the ingredients are similar to Solomon Islands but with blue and yellow pigments (or green). 

Price: £18.50 for 0.08oz / 2.5g 

Expiration: 18 months.


Summed Up Thoughts: I think these Eye Paints are worth investing in, if you're an avid eye makeup wearer as a little really goes a long way. Just remember to work fast as like most cream products once its dried it sets and will be difficult to remove - if you've make a mistake. Ultimately, I think they're brilliant as they can easily be incorporated in everyday use. As for creasing I honestly can't say for sure if they do or don't because I don't avidly use them as complete eye bases so I'll update later. 

Any thoughts about Nars Eye Paints?
Do you know any long lasting cream eye shadows or liners?
How do you prevent cream/gel liners from drying out?
Do you have any liner/ eye shadow tips?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated?
Take Care 
:O)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar