Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2

MAC recently came out with a new Viva Glam Gaga lipstick, this one is an amplified creme and very different than the last baby pink one. I bought this lipstick completely blindly, I did not swatch it in the store, but based on the swatches and descriptions that I saw online, I thought it would be a shade that I would enjoy. Plus, 100% of sales of VIVA Glam products go towards the MAC Aids fund so either way, it goes to a good cause.



VIVA Glam Gaga 2 is described as "a light, warm beige" and since it's amplified creme, that means the pigmentation is very good, this will show up nice and opaque on your lips, amplified creme is one of my favourite lipstick finishes from MAC. Just make sure you moisturize well, I find I get the ring around my lips with this finish, you'll see that below. I didn't get the lipgloss because it looked even darker and I don't know if I could pull it up, plus more of a lipstick kinda girl anyway.

Upon taking it home, I realized that I had a lipstick very similar to this one, NYX's Circe round lipstick. This lipstick is very opaque too and very, very similar in fact. So if you can't get Viva Glam 2 for some reason, check your collection to see if you have this one instead, it's a popular round lipstick colour. Also, you can pick it up on Cherry Culture or Beauty Joint for very cheap. 

As you can tell in the swatch above, MAC's Viva Glam 2 is more beige and NYX's Circle is more orangey, but only slightly. The finish is the same, and they are both just as opaque.


The top picture is MAC's Viva Glam 2 and the bottom is NYX Circe. In pictures they look quite similar right? In person they do too. I would describe MAC's Viva Glam 2 as a dark nude, however it makes me look sickly in real life. It's supposed to be darker than Myth, which I don't own, but perhaps Myth is more concealer lips and this is a darker sick concealer lips? I't's more peach than Creme D'Nude which I love, I like the tone of that one much more. I definitely don't think this shade is for everyone. And if Circe did not work for you, this shade definitely will not worth either. 

Did you pick up MAC's Viva Glam 2? Did you like it?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar