Hi folks!
Just thought I'd quickly share with you my haul from Target and Priceline when they had some sales over couple of months, so got some fairly good bargains! Those of you who follow me on Twitter will probably know. ;-)
These are the goodies I got:
Just thought I'd quickly share with you my haul from Target and Priceline when they had some sales over couple of months, so got some fairly good bargains! Those of you who follow me on Twitter will probably know. ;-)
These are the goodies I got:
- L'Oreal Exclusive Silver Collection: this set is exclusive to Priceline and contains full size products of the Lash Architect 4D mascara, Nutrishine Lipstick in Rose Guava (#103), and what I was most keen trying after hearing lots of good reviews about it (e.g., Makeup And Macaroons blog) - the Infallible Eyeshadow in 'Flashback Silver' (#015). I've heard it's a dupe for the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Eyeshadows. Unfortunately, I don't own any of the Giorgio Armani ones so I can't do a proper comparison. (I have swatched them before at the store though). I'd been curious about the Giorgio Armani ones for a while, but am currently enjoying my Chanel Illusion d'Ombre eye shadows, so I don't feel the real urge to get them (although they are different in texture). ;-) However, I'm keen to try this less expensive dupe! There were other L'Oreal sets that came with other colours of the eye shadow and the lipstick, but this was my favourite. I swatched a tester of the lipstick at the store prior to choosing as well, and I was rather taken by the colour, so I'm looking forward to that too! As for the mascara...I don't really care much for it...I have lots of other ones to get through at present, so I may have to give this away. LOL. Overall, the price of this set was originally at AU$39 (RRP: AU$68.85), so it's quite a saving already, but when I'd bought it, it was further discounted down to only AU$20! So, it's about the price of one infallible eye shadow for the entire set. It also came with a sample sachet of the Matte Morphose Foundation.
- Also from Priceline, they had 'buy 2 for $10' for the Bourjois So Laque! (Ultra Shine) nail polishes, so I got the colours in: 'Rouge fashionista (#41)' and 'Jaune trendy (#39)', which I thought would be lovely for summer. Very bright, 'vinyl' type colours that are described to wear for 7 days, so we'll see about that. ;-) (Blogger, Chloe Blue 2005 says she loves 'em, so they must be good!)
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #53 (the 'regular' or original healthy mix foundation). I've been stalking this product in stores for ages as I've heard so much good stuff about this and I've tried it for a few weeks now and I really love it. The best way to apply is with fingers and hands - just press it onto the face after blending to just meld it into the skin. The foundation leaves a lovely finish (great for combination skin like mine) and really is undetectable on the skin. This may be one of my HG foundations! (I have plenty, especially from high-end brands, so this is a very impressive product indeed!)
- I also got the Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance and Anti-fatigue correcting concealer in the same shade. Great for under the eyes because it brightens andy darkness and has a light texture. It can also be used for blemishes, but I think it works better for around the eye area.
- Priceline also had something like 40% off (can't remember exactly from memory) the Models Prefer make up brushes, so of course I jumped at this chance. I purchased a backup of one of my HG foundation brushes: the Models Prefer Professional MPP100 Airbrush, which I first raved about in this blog post. This brush works brilliantly for liquid foundations like the Burberry Sheer (Luminous Fluid) Foundation I have, which I almost gave up on, until I applied it with this brush and I fell in love with it! The brush is very similar to the Sephora Pro Foundation Airbrush #55, which I saw personally during my Hawaii trip - but the Models Prefer brush is way cheaper. I also purchased the MP24 Small eyeshadow brush (thanks again to this post by Makeup and Macaroons!). The last brush I got was the MPP123 Smudge brush, which is quite dense and feels soft.
- The Sally Hansen "The now brow - Perfect arch brown kit": this purchase was inspired by a video I saw by The Raeview, who used a similar tool with a blade (like a mini razor) to remove any tiny stray eye brow hairs. I thought this seemed convenient to use compared to tweezing. I shall find out when I try this out! The kit also comes with angled scissors, which I've been needing for a long time! Woot! I think this kit is a new product from Sally Hansen, and the first time I've come across a mini eye brow razor in my local stores. Double woot!
- From Target, I purchased 2 Revlon ColorStay Lipliners in 'Pink' and 'Mauve'. This purchase was inspired by this funny YouTuber: MakeupNeverSleeps, who I think also happens to also have good taste.
- Finally, I bought a couple of things from Woolworth's: Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in 'Espresso' (which I almost bought at Priceline, but Woolworth's was way cheaper!). I've been hunting for a brown eye liner pencil for everyday use and one that I don't have to sharpen and this was it. It was also recommended by another great YouTuber, called 'Nurberxo' in one of her videos. I also bought the Swisspers Nail Polish Remover Pads (is non acetone and contains aloe vera & vitamin E), which reminded me of Deborah Lippmann's The Stripper To Go - which I got a sample of when I was on holiday in Hawaii and have misplaced it since (Grrr!!!). Anyway, this would be perfect for travel.
So overall, I think I see a pattern here, don't you? Basically, I should stop reading beauty blogs and watching You Tube! LOL. Nah, I think it's great to have these resources - when I need/want something, but need advice as to which is best out of the zillion choices!
Anyhoo, I'm happy I got all these goodies without having to pay full price - woohoo! ^_^
Thanks for reading. xo.
What were your latest budget/bargain buys? Have you tried any of the products I bought?
Do share! ^_^

0 Yorumlar